What to Discuss With Your Doctor Before Starting INVEGA SUSTENNA®
Before you receive INVEGA SUSTENNA®, tell your healthcare provider about all your medical conditions, including if you:
- have had Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (NMS)
- have or have had heart problems, including a heart attack, heart failure, abnormal heart rhythm, or long QT syndrome
- have or have had low levels of potassium or magnesium in your blood
- have or have had uncontrolled movements of your tongue, face, mouth, or jaw (tardive dyskinesia)
- have or have had kidney or liver problems
- have diabetes or have a family history of diabetes
- have had a low white blood cell count
- have had problems with dizziness or fainting or are being treated for high blood pressure
- have or have had seizures or epilepsy
- have any other medical conditions
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if INVEGA SUSTENNA® will harm your unborn baby.
- are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. INVEGA SUSTENNA® can pass into your breast milk and may harm your baby.
You and your healthcare provider should decide if you will receive INVEGA SUSTENNA® or breastfeed. You should not do both. Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.